Friday, February 20, 2009

Top 10 animated movies (sort of)

Okay, so I wanted this post to be the top 10 3d animated movies, then I started the list and realized that there are a lot of good 3d animated movies, I think it has to be because making this type of movie is slightly expensive, so only the best stories are made and then they are made well, so here is the top 20 3d animated movies.

20. TMNT- Ok, I have never seen this movie, I know I love the ninja turtles, but I have never watched it even though I want to, I don't know whats wrong with me, but anyways, word of mouth is this movie is ok, not quite the same as the TV show or real life movies, but as a life long TMNT fan I had to add this.

19. BOLT- This movie is fairly new and is in the running for best animated picture at this years oscar. I haven't seen it, but Laura, my girlfriend has, and she said it was a good movie, it was funny and had a good story, she even said the ending might make you cry.

18. Monster House- Not a very successful movie, but if watched its quite good, the story is original, a house is possessed by an angry ghost and eats those who makes fun of it. I really put this movie on here because when I watched it there was something about the animation that impressed me, the movements seemed real, while it is a cartoon the excelent animation gives it some reality.

17. Polar Express- The beloved christmas book got the grand animation/Tom Hanks Treatment. I had a hard time believing they could create a feature length movie from the book, but they did, although it is a bit drawn out at parts, but it is a very good movie that stayed pretty faithful to the book. Tom Hanks as Santa is a bit weird though.

16. Antz- This mostly forgot movie came out arounf the same time as A Bugs Life, but this movie was a bit more adult oriented, the cast for the movie was all star, including Gene Hackman, Woody Allen, Sly Stallone, and J-Lo. The story was original and the movie was funny. If i watched it now i would probably chuckle at parts still.

15. A Bugs Life- Ah, the first Pixar movie on the list. This was Pixar's second movie and it wasn't bad, it took the tale of the ant and grasshopper and gave it a gradious remake. I was never a real huge fan of bugs life, but it was a good movie and hiemlich the caterpillar/butterfly was an all time great character.

14. Madagascar- I'm talking both movies cause I can Lump em together if I want, it's my blog. Madagascar follows the plight of 4 zoo friends as they try to find out if there is more to life then the zoo, they end up being moved to a sactuary in africa, but are instead lost at sea and stranded on the title island. The story for the first movie was original, and it was a funny movie, well not really, but the more I watched the funnier it became.

13. The Incredibles- The first Pixar movie to be about humans, humans with superpowers, but humans. I liked this movie, but realized this movie was quite different then all other Pixar movies because it seemed a bit darker, and it is, but it works and it is a good movie.

12. Horton Hears a Who- Another movie based on a childrens book where I thought, a feature length movie from that book? And it was a good movie, I've only seen it once, but it was good, it was funny, fast paced and a good experiance. I think that any time some one wants to make a dr suess movie, cast jim carrey.

11. Kung Fu Panda- Ok, going into the movie I felt that this was going to be lame, but I sat down, watched from start to finish, and found I really liked this movie. The morals it teaches have been taught before, believe in yourself, be yourself, follow your dreams, but this movie does it in a fresh new way, and dang it it was funny and the animation aspect did a lot for the kung fu sequences. This movie could have been in the top 10, but as you will see their is stiff competiton in the second half of the list.

10. Ratatouille- Ah, what to say about this movie, another believe in yourself follow your dreams movie, but it was from 2 different perspectives, a kid who wants to be a chef but is horrible in the kitchen, and a rat who is a great chef and wants to be a chef, but is a rat. When I watched this movie I thought it was deffinatly one of the best Pixar movies to date.

9. Surfs Up- The mockumentary about penguins who surf. When it first came out it seemed like a dud movie, but it is actually a really good movie. The documentary aspect gave it a fresh way to view animated movies, and the acting was great in it. Shia was great as the lead, and John Heder may have had his best performance since Napoleon Dynamite in this movie. A great movie.

8. Ice Age- Funny, Original, Heartwarming, starstudded. It's all the things a good animated film should be. And the advertising ploy for the movies is awesome, take a cute squirell, and put him through hell to burry his acorn. Thats it. It worked great. Ray Romano makes a great mamoth.

7. Finding Nemo- For a while this Pixar movie was considered the best the studio could produce. The water animations were amazing, the characters were well developed, the story was ingaging, and I'll be darned if it wasn't the cutest thing ever. Also Ellens performance in this movie was classic, it may be one of the most perfect castings done for any of the movies on this list.

6. Happy Feet- An animated musical. An underlying conservation moral. A great movie. America was on a penguin kick a few years ago with march of the penguins, Surfs Up, and Happy Feet all being imensely popular. Happy Feet was probably the best of the 3 as it was more personal then March, and more conservation conscience than surfs up. Again the casting in this movie was star studded and the baby penguins made you want to travel to antartica to kidnap one for yourself they were so cute.

5. Cars- I don't know what it is about Cars, but I can't get enough of the movie. First I thought it would be a lame Nascar movie, but it wasn't it was a great movie. And I feel after 14 times typing this, but the casting was awesome. Owen Wilson was great at playing an arrogant racer. Michael Keaton was a great antagonist, and Paul Newman it I think may be his last role, added a great amount of weight to the Role of Doc. The story was original, and probably struck a cord with the older audience as it called on the good ol days.

4. Toy Story- The movie that started it all. Toy Story had an original story, Tom Hanks and Tim Allen were perfect, and it was funny. Even the Second one was good. Of all the movies mentioned and excluding one more movie yet to be listed this is the only movie I wish they would make another sequal to.

3. Shrek- 3d animated movies were popular before shrek, but after shrek animated movies were THE thing. Shrek was hilarious, original, the characters were engaging and you felt attached to them. In fact my art teacher in highschool showed this movie when we were learning about film appertiation, he claimed it may be the most perfect movie because it was based in reality, everything that happens in that world, could happen thus making it complete. The sequals have tarnished the Shrek name a bit, but not too much.

2. Monsters Inc.- I mentioned the components of a great animated movie earlier. Original story, check the monsters in your closet are real, but they are doing their job to fuel their society. Funny, check. Billy Crystal was hilarious, and the slap stick scene whith Boo's first night in the apartment great. Starstudded, check. Billy Crystal, John Goodman, Jennifer Tilly, Steve Buscemi. Heartwarming, check. Ever watch the last 15 minutes of the movie? Mosters Inc held the title as best Pixar movie untill...

1. WALL-E- Yes this movie is the best Pixar has put out, period. The story for the movie is original, and most fasinating, plausible. The main character is probably the cutest put on screen by pixar, and the one you feel for the most even though the largest word he says through out the movie is a mangled version of directive. I can't explain how much I love this movie. And that is why it is the Top 3d animated movie

No comments:

Post a Comment